Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where the heck am I???

This morning I woke up with a headache and had no clue where I was - I mean no clue for at least a minute! The room looked like any other motel room I've seen in the last six months. Finally I got it, I'm in Connecticut on my way to Philadelphia. This time I google it before I put it into my GPS and decide to drive about 100 miles out of the way to miss out on the main traffic close to New York. On top of that I experience various Work Zones. I'm still alright with time but spending it in a car going 15 miles tops is certainly not my idea of fun. I'm still looking forward to the web TV interview with Ray Naylor tonight. He's doing this Grassroots undertaking from his basement in a Philadelphia suburb - you've got to love it. For the first time Ray is doing two interviews in a row, first Christine Havrilla at 8pm then me at 9pm. It's great despite the technical snafu's that keep coming:) I planned on staying but also want to be in Brooklyn tomorrow morning to rehearse with Chris for the evening show in Manhattan. So I drive off into the night towards NYC. Unfortunately it starts pouring down after only 10 minutes and I almost crash the car when a truck passes me and splashes water on my windshield which blinds me for a few seconds even with the wipers on full speed. Hell! now I'm awake - I feel like throwing up and get rid of all the adrenalin that entered my system a second ago. I got to find a Motel soon! Oh, and some food. Dang, it's late and so I'm stuck with Wendy's. Too bad it's on the other side of the street with a divider in between. I have to drive in circles and the rain doesn't make it easier. This is really hard!!! Finally I get there - but now I have to drive back to the Motel. I can't believe that it takes so long for such a short distance!!!. After a long day I finally sit on the bed eating a burger and drinking a coke infused with some Evan Williams and an HBO movie that plays in one of my favorite US Cities - New Orleans:)

Philadelphia, PA, 5/11/2010

1 comment:

Incognito said...

Wishing you good weather and even better driving conditions for the duration of your tour. Even those of us who host you at your different stops really have no idea what life on the road is like; as you are showing, it's not a romantic drive in a van while cruising down the highway.

Thanks for writing this blog; stay cool and safe and hope to see you soon.