Sunday, May 02, 2010

Life is Plenty!

What a week!!! From the clear view peaks of the emotional mountains in WV to the deep down grind in the City of the Cities. It takes a long time through the windy roads of West Virginia to drive down into the valley. I'm playing at the Fredericksburg Songwriter Showcase. It is in the same building as an old music store where I'm invited to play a 1936 Gibson amongst other treasures. Before I have to split to get to the sound check I'm invited into the back room to enjoy a cold Micro Brew IPA after a 6h drive - Welcome in Virginia! Nice folks and a great evening that spills over to Bob's house. He hosts the showcase since decades and has developed wonderful listening room. We sit talk, and play music until about 2am.
Early morning rise to drive 9h to Western Massachusetts. My GPS, I trust it since it became very stressful to constantly question its integrity, leads me straight through NYC - over the Brooklyn bridge into Manhatten!!! Oh boy - after some deep breaths I start to laugh - stand up against the beast! I already paid toll and learned my lesson - when on the East Coast have cash in your pocket! After three hours of crawling through Brooklyn, over the bridge into Manhatten and past the East river upstate NY, I finally arrive in Sheffield I was 12h in the car - nonstop, well, a gas Station doesn't count, right?. The concert that night I won't mention, just that it kicked me into the ground and brought me close to tears. Wow, I haven't been so low for a long time - glad I have friends out there and cell reception! The same night I drove another two hours and brought the count to 14h total - a new record! A few hours in a motel before I play at the Unity of Central Massachusetts. Then Chinese take out, Sam Adams Imperial White, and watching Master and Commander:)

Life is Plenty

Worchester, MA, 5/2/2010

No comments: