Monday, January 26, 2009

11 hours to Lubbock, TX

It’s cold up here in the mountains and I sleep a little longer than I had anticipated - might have been the beer:) Today it’s about an 11 hours drive to Lubbock TX - so let’s go. first into New Mexico.



Checking out if there is any message for me from outer space...



I come through many little villages because I’m not taking the main highway. So I take a few shots right outside my window...



I drive through land that looks like the moon - it feels like that too. I’m still in NM when the sun goes down.



The last three hours are the hardest! It has gotten real cold and dark. My wipers freeze and the icy fog does not make it easier. I’m driving now for ten hours and on top of the fog and ice there is a sudden Blizzard! Damn! I’m toast and need to get there soon...I finally arrive in Lubbock and now have to make my way out to the Canyon where i stay with my friends Danny and Monika.

No comments: