Monday, September 26, 2005

Arriving in Scotland

Finally getting out of the airplane into Glasgow. As I expected it is cold and rainy. We rent a car and try to learn how to drive on the wrong side. It is scary after all especially the turnabouts - which lane was I supposed to be in? and where do I check for oncoming traffic. It's good to have two people in the car. We stop somewhere for breakfast. After that we go on north on the way to Lochgoilhead (what a wonderful name) We pass by Loch Lomont which is a huge impressive looking lake. It is still raining and the wind gets stronger the more we get into the mountains. Our exit is onto a one lane road. I remember that from way up in the Alpes where you had to honk before you drive around a corner. Not here - it's all in the reaction time and at several occasions I can feel my heart beat in my head because I think we're off the road and down the hill. Our destination is Marks and Linda's home right at another Lake which is actually already a small arm of the Atlantic ocean. It is gorgeous here despite the fact that it is pouring down like crazy. I haven't seen such heavy rain for a while. It's amazing. After a snack I'm ready to lie down and get a little rest after basically being awake for almost two days. Tomorrow is going to be our first show and I'm already excited.

No comments: