Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On the way to Applecross

After breakfast I went down to the local Cafe on Mull Island which has Internet access to check email. After the owner realizes that I’m a musician I get my first cup of coffee for free and she forgets about the timer for the internet usage. She asks me if I have a CD and I show her “Inside Out” which she puts immediately into her stereo and starts humming away. Instead of me paying her she buys the CD and wishes me good luck. I return to the B&B where we get picked up by a bus that drives across the Island to the ferry. Did I already mention that it’s raining? No wonder that people drink a lot...
The ferry ride is kind off tough with relative high waves and I realize I’m not a sea man at all. I have a hard time controlling my stomach and I’m glad when it’s over and we’re sitting in the car on our way up North. Again, despite ongoing rain it is so beautiful and the mountains drop dramatically into the Lochs. In the distance I can see the sun breaking through the dark clouds highlighting a patch of land with a little cottage on it.
We stop in Fort Williams to eat. After that we’re going to drive another hour or so and than take a B&B and chill. Tomorrow we’re going on to Applecross where we have a show in the evening at the Applecross Inn. There is a famous castle close to the village that I hope to check out if we’re getting there early enough.

Here is a pic of Fort Williams during a sunny day

No comments: