Friday, September 30, 2005

When Rain Falls

After a couple of hours of sunshine I hear the soothing sound of raindrops falling on the roof like waves coming and going with the wind. I'm sitting in the conservatory of Jennifer's house, face the Loch and the mountains while siver light reflects off the lake. I'm playing around on the guitar and sing words and sounds that come to my mind. Suddenly there is a melody from nowhere and like the rain it sounds familiar, seems to blend in with my pensive mood, carrying me away. "When Rain Falls" will be a new song. I love creating and seeing something through from the beginning. Where does inspiration come from? Where does it go when it leaves me? Will it ever come back? The Scottish highlands are for sure a source of inspiration and I take in as much as I can, hoping it lasts for ever.
After a couple of photos in the backyard we leave and are finally on our way to Applecross. We stop at Eilean Donan, an ancient castle and are tourists for a while. Jamie plays a tune in the historic dining room which probably gets us another show for next years tour. After that we're on the way to UK's highest mountain pass.

Here is a pic of the pass


I'll got to get some pictures up as soon as I can connect my own computer to the Internet. It's impossible to describe the views. I mentioned stunning and beautiful but that is not enough. This time the weather is on our side and we cruise slowly over the pass to Applecross a little village right on the Scottish coast.



After dining like old kings we're ready to set up and play. It's our first pub gig since a long time and it takes a moment to get used to it but than it's fine. Some guests come from Austria and Germany and I have a great time chatting with them. One German lady asks me to repeat a song that I sang in the concert and we're having a nicle little private concert after that. Than it's time to go to bed and get some rest for whatever will be tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely contrast between the fog of the wild mtn. pass and the sunshine of the tiny village. These are my favorites so far: fantastic photos! I love Scotland, even the slightly morose temperament of its people(the past lives on in some way), which is made up for by the brilliance of its scenery.
What is the name of this pass?
I'll try to find it in my Scotland guide.