Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mull Island

After leaving Lochgoilhead we have a two hour drive through stunningly beautiful landscape. Even the rain stays put for the moment and we can actually see where we are. There are just one lane roads with little spaces to get out of the way if there is a car coming up and more than once I can feel my heartbeat going up because we're close to driving off the road, weel, at least it looks like it. Some turn are hard to find and we get lost a couple of times before getting to Inverary. Luckily we left early enough to make it to the ferry in Oban. That's when the rain hits again. It mixes with sunshine within minutes which is strange for me. Unpacking the car in sunshine and after walking a couple of stepts towards the ticket office I'm wet like a dog.
In the waiting room we meet a couple that runs a B&B on the island and they recognize us from the poster. We're invited for a drink in the bar of the ferry and later on they give us a ride to our performance space which is an old church which was renovated and now holds a gallery and a little concert hall.
Everybody so far was extremely nice and there is an outstanding hospitality that rivals everything I've seen so far. We meet up with Gordon who organized the concert and is also the sound man. He takes us to supper in a smal village restaurant.

Here is a pic with Jamie and me right outside the Concert space


We're back and it's two minutes to showdown. I'm nervous because I haven't played a lot of the stuff for more than three months but I know it'll be back right away. It turns out to be a great show and people love it. Afterwards we sit around and chat up a storm which is just the way I like. The B&B we're staying in is just a short walk away and I'm happy to finally lie in bed. I want to read more of Dylans "Chronicles" which I bought in Seattle before the flight but I'm too tires and fall asleep right away.
Tomorrow we're going further north direction Applecross and it's going to be a long drive.

No comments: