Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bratwurst, Sauerbraten, Spätzle, Gulasch, Rotkraut, and Kartoffelsalat

What a weekend! Driving through wonderful West Virginia Mountains Thursday, Friday and visiting Morgantown and the beautiful Lake Floyd for shows. Saturday I was playing in Hampton, VA. Long, long drive for hours over the mountains, up and down and up and down. Kinda like a roller coaster but way slower:) After eight hours I arrived in time for a little food before the concert. An hour before the show the house was buzzing with folks and I was buzzing too. What a great concert and response - I was breaking several personal records and shot myself straight up to the royal blue and soared with the eagles. The after party lasted 'till 4:30 am and then it took me about an hour to get rid of all the adrenalin in my body:) In the morning I had to get up early and drove to Virginia Beach where I played at Christ Unity Oceanside. The fabulous Tom Baker was the speaker and I had a great time playing a few songs. After that I drove back to Hampton and we had a birthday party for Kelly's German friends with Bratwurst, Sauerbraten, Spätzle, Gulasch, Rotkraut, and Kartoffelsalat - can somebody kick me and see if I'm dreaming??? Yesterday I drove to DC and was excited driving into the city for the first time. Today I play at the Library of Congress at the American Folklife Center. After that I get a tour:) Live is gooooooooooood!

Washington, DC, 4/27/2010

No comments: