Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Spring and Family

Last week in NC spring started to draw my attention to its vivid colors and satin like appearances all over the place. While sitting on the back porch of a big log home hidden away in the country I was writing and playing music all day while the sweet scents of white, pink, yellow, and red blossoms tickled one particular stubborn nose hair. It seemed more than the years before or maybe I'm just more open and exposed - I almost felt pregnant for that matter - not that I really would know exactly how that feels but...
Leaving this place was not easy but I knew that I'm driving to Virginia where I have my only family in the US, my niece Sybille - We grew up together and she's the first born of my late brother Wolfgang. We're only a year apart despite the fact that I'm called UNCLE!!! While driving into Virginia Spring seemed to intensify - more? can that be? Oh yes, it can! Especially when you see it day to day how the peach blossoms fill a whole tree and burst out their song. On Easter I was invited to play at a sunrise service at my nieces church. It was very early but I really enjoyed it despite the chill that was still in the morning air. After that I visited a UU Church in Blacksburg, VA and had a great reception and made new friends.
I'll stay until Friday with my niece and her family and enjoy being a real part of it:) Yesterday I baked a bread and made a special salmon dish - oh how yummy:)
What can I say - I think I love eating! Today now I'll be a tourist for the day and check out the Roanoke Star and the D-Day Museum...

Roanoke, VA 4/7/2010

No comments: