Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Storms are brewing in Utah

In the morning I find a little coffee house and get my Americano with 4 shots. Now I ready to do some work. I’m planing on driving all the way to Salt Lake City but lets see.

The weather is still good but somehow I can feel it coming. It’s good being on the road again.

I love the western part of Colorado driving on I40...

THis time I should make a stop at the Dinosaur National Monument but lets see, it’s still so far to go.

Finally I enter Utah. I remember getting a ticket last year right 10 miles after the state border so this time I watch it!

The weather starts turning and the sky is so dramatic - I wish I could capture that in a photograph but oh well, I guess this one isn’t bad.

It’s starting to pour down like crazy and all over sudden it’s dark. It is still about two hours to drive but I realize I’m not gonna make it. I’m tired and wiped out and start to look for any cheap place I can stay. I’m in Oil country and all the motels are totally over prized and usually host the folks that work in the oil fields around here. Finally I find a little dive - oh my - that’s gonna be the worst for this tour but what can I do, I simply am to tired to go any further. I know that I’m not gonna take a shower and probably sleep with clothes on...

Well, as it turns out I don’t sleep at all - the storms are getting worse and thunder and lightning make for a spectacular night.

No comments: