Tuesday, March 04, 2008

South Plains College

This morning I have a performance and talk in Levelland at the South Plains College and have to leave the Canyon early.

Somehow I started to like the plains...

The College has a wonderful arts program where students learn music, recording, video production and every aspect of being an independent musician and artist. This facility could easily be in Manhatten! It is amazing.
They have a wonderful performance space and I’m looking forward to do my thing:)

Cary Banks is my liaison and shows me around. We connect instantly!

After I speak in a classroom for an hour we go out and have lunch in a little BBQ place. After that we return and I play a performance. After that I talk more about being a musician and answer all kinds of questions. The students are great and love what I’m doing. It’s good to know that I can touch and inspire the younger folks as well:)

Before I leave I drop in a music room where a group just has a rehearsal playing “Pretty Woman” - how cool is that!!!

I’m totally stoked about the day and fly high for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

Cerrillos Sandy said...

Hi, Hans! Greetings from the Youngs in Cerrillos! Surely do wish you could have stayed longer for chatting and for giving me help with getting pictures into my blogger account easily! Grrrrr . . . I have soooo much trouble!!

Thanks so much for the great concert on Sunday! Several of our guests have called or written to tell me what a good time they had and how talented our new "discovery" is. All mentioned the stories, so don't ever quit telling them!

Lotsa love, hugs, and invitations to come back soon . . .

Sandy