Sunday, October 02, 2005

Inverness in the evening

In the evening we’re invited to go to a concert at a school. Kids will show their talent on various instruments including the bag pipe. I’m fascinated how traditional music is integrated from early age on. Some of those kids are not older than ten but already they have a huge repertoire and can really play. The Gaelic choir is just amazing. The average age is about 8 and they sound wonderful. Jamie and me are invited on the spot to play a ten minute set in the program and in the end we share the stage with about 60 young future musicians for a set of Scottish reels.

Here is a daytime pic of the river Ness. we stay about 2 minutes away from that particular view.


After that I’m going with Keith and his daughter to the local pub to see a well known guitar player and his band. I’m fascinated to see old and young together going out beer, dance and music, again a wonderful experience that shows what real community looks like. Late at night after we returned we’re sitting in the kitchen sharing music and playing for one another until my eyelids feel like an anchor out of water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Ness River is beautiful. I love reading these entries and wish I were travelling along! Next time you go on tour, let me know if you need someone to carry the luggage and be a roadie.