Sunday, October 09, 2005

Tarbert

This is our last morning in Lochgoilhead. Lee has outdone herself again with the breakfast and I’m absolutely stuffed. I go next door to Mark and Linda to wrap up and say goodbye. They all have extremely nice and helpful in the last days and I feel a bit sad to leave though I’m also looking forward to going on. We’re performing an afternoon concert in Tarbert which is about 75 miles south from Lochgoilhead. The roads are supposedly very bad so we have to get going. The rain stops as soon as we’re rolling (maybe it was the locals fault) and we’re cruising along the coastline passing little villages and rocky beaches. Next time we’re in Scotland I need more time to explore. Andy had told me that there is a big seal family about ten minutes away from where they life and i wish i had known that before.
We get to the venue with about 50 minutes prior to showtime and have a coffee and some snacks. It’s very nice looking, kind of like a Café style where they serve food. I’m not sure about the espresso machine though. We tell them to turn it off during the performance due to us playing all acoustic but it still goes on here and there. Despite that it is a successful show and we have a full house.



After that we’re going down to the hotel which is directly on the waterfront. Like in Ullapool we run into a staff party. Jörg an employee from Rostock is leaving tomorrow. We’re invited for a seafood dinner and some beer. I talk a lot with Stuart and his wife Lindsay, both local musicians that saw us at the concert. We hang out until about midnight. After a soothing bath I fall into bed like a stone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...seafood and beer. I had sushi for dinner tonight. Now all I need is the scenery and a concert, and I'll be all set!