Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Last day on Islay

We have two workshops before we take the ferry to the mainland. Emely, the local fiddle teacher has agreed to give us a short tour of the island before we start. Unfortunately this means also getting up very early. I have to peel myself out of bed and can feel the strains of touring and having a full program every day without any break inbetween. Once we’re in the car I feel better and the different views of the island are rewarding and let me forget my tiredness.
Here are the boobs of Jura, a neighboring Island.

As promised we arrive short before 10 am at the first school. There are two workshops from 10 am to 12 and than from 1pm to 3pm at another school. The kids are just darling and very well behaved so the hours fly by. After that we have to catch the 3:30 ferry which is the only one for the day. This time the ferry ride is smooth and I doze all the way. Our car is still at the other side and after packing up we’re on our way to Glasgow. It’s a beautiful day and I think I see blue sky for the first time since I’m here. We stop in Inverary for a meal and some pints. After that it’s only about 2h before we hit civilization.
Here is one last more pic before nightfall

Our host for this night lives somewhere in the suburbs. After a brief hello I’m in bed awaiting my morning flight back to Seattle.

No comments: