Thursday, October 06, 2005

Killearn to Inveraray

We stay over night in a hotel in Killearn and after a huge breakfast we get on the way to Stirling. Now to all of you who saw Braveheart, Stirling was one of the big victories of William Wallace where they stormed the castle which overlooks the city from a mountain. Somehow I can’t imagine living in those times and running franticly with a huge sword in the hand towards the enemy. There is a lot of history here and on very corner I can see some old wall or doorway that bears the signs of time. Despite the cars and busy streets I can feel how it must have been 700 years ago.
Here is a pic of the castle

We leave around 3 pm for Inveraray which gets us a little closer to the highlands again. We passed through it a week ago and I can remember most of the way. Inveraray is a little sleepy village right next to a Loch, also with an impressive castle.


Mark, who is our promoter for most of the shows told us that they usually don’t have a lot of things going on and it is more like an experiment to have a concert here.
He’s right and there are only about 15 people who show up. It is still a good show but I’m looking forward to the next days where we supposedly have bigger crowds again. We drive back to Mark and Linda’s house in Lochgoilhead which is only about 30 minutes away from Inverary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so you've had a few shows with not many people. The scenery more than makes up for it. One of my house concerts only had 5 people show up, and I couldn't take them outside and point to castles and gorgeous mountains to help me feel better about it. Not that I'm bitter...

Travel safely and keep blogging!