Thursday, March 08, 2007

Driving To Lubbock

Today I have to get to Lubbock, actually Ransom Canyon where I play a house concert at my friends house tomorrow. After I get on the highway I end up in heavy traffic and decide to go back roads. One leads me right through Fort Worth.

I haven’t had anything to eat and it’s already 1 pm so I just drive of the highway into a little town - nice choice.

I find a little restaurant and get some omlet. On the wall is a huge painting and of the prairie and the burn marks of the different Ranchers.

As soon as I get closer to Lubbock the sky changes and becomes endless.

The sun comes down fast and I’ve been in the car all day again.

Finally I drive into Ransom Canyon and am fascinated by some of the houses.

Wow that one could have been out of a Science Fiction movie.

No comments: