Friday, March 02, 2007

Way into Mississsippi

Today is another driving day and I’ll try to get past Jackson. The weather is good again but the toll deadly. Alabama and Georgia were hit really bad and I see some of the devastation on the screen. Got to get my head off that and start driving.

I make a stop in Covington, TN. It’s beautiful here - if you just drive off the main highway...

I find a Cafe with WIFI so I can do some work. I end up having a great conversation with Lynn who works there. we’re the only ones in the place and talk for at least 90 minutes straight before I realize that I still have a lot of miles to go...

Next is Memphis again which borders Mississippi to the South.

Here I go, my first time so i stop at the welcome center.

Spring is finally here, I knew that it had to be somewhere out there.

Back driving on and on. Hey, I see a sign!

When I reach Jackson the sun goes down. I still have about 40 miles before I reach my destination - a cheap motel :)

I get a pizza and do some tech support on the phone with jay who just purchased Indie Band Manager. Tomorrow is my first day in new Orleans and I’m pretty excited - wouldn’t you?!

No comments: