Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alabama the Beautiful

I woke up at 6am on a couch in New Orleans. The sun peaked through the curtains and filled the room with yellow light. It's a shotgun she said - a house you can shoot through the front door and poke a hole into the back door. I loved this way to describe architecture...
After breakfast I sat on the street corner and talked to my mom back in Germany. It's a beautiful day and the balconies in the French Quarter lay their first shadow down on Bourbon Street. A walk does good after all that driving. Willie Nelson plays at the House of Blues - dang I'll miss it!
Then it's time to get back in the car and the routine. Crossing rivers into Mississippi then Beautiful Alabama. I'm playing in Mobile and it's a first. Haven't done a Tuesday Coffee Shop for a while and it's a little strange to play for folks that check their email but then I get in the mood and play for two hours straight - oh music is so good for the soul. My highlight though is a conversation with John after the show, another moment to make a friend out there in the unknown. Then a short drive to Daphne and a late dinner in a coupon Motel close to I10. Tomorrow is another 450 miles day, picking up speaker stands for my new PA in Jacksonville and then off to Fernandina Beach:)

Daphne, AL 1/12/2010

No comments: