Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleep now Honey Pie

My first breakfast in a Cuban Cafe - One sided Mirror windows and the sweet taste of an espresso Havana style. Toasted bread with a carrot-habanero-onion spread before an island sandwich with fries...
On the table across the room two busy man from different corners of the earth. One is tapping a fast, nonstop beat while the other seems to chew a dark brown cube of beef with big white teeth rhythmically in quarter time. Right behind me facing each other sits police in a mixed pair looking forward to quench their thrust with a glass of ice water. In the open door walk two soldiers of the sky in uniform ready to fly.
Take out lunch can make strangers to friends and you've got to love how a warm meal can start a Union.
Soon I float into the car and down the highway South past farms, lakes, old hippie trees and grooves of citrus. I see blurry water through the passenger window of my golden wagon and it pulls me to the right. I have to stop and breathe - say it again - I have to stop and breathe.
The day has a few more hours and I decide to look for a place to stay maybe even walk in somewhere and play... Maybe not tonight though - I need to enter the digital world and connect dots on a map so I know what to do - at least for a little while. Cheap holiday night a Motel room. I wish I knew what to do to cockroaches. I sure killed some in my life but they're part of it too... well, close enough! I think I'm ready for the Ventura Highway in the sunshine and free wind blowing through my imaginary hair. go sleep now honey pie you legend of the silver screen and don't make me crazy.

Ocala, FL 1/14/2010

No comments: