Saturday, January 09, 2010

Burning away the dark clouds

I can't believe that I slept until 11:30am. I wore my Peruvian hat (warm and fuzzy) and now have a real bad hair day but who cares. The sun is out!!! it is still cold but very bright. Amazing what that does to me. It's like burning away the dark clouds in my soul - I'm glad I'm in the South at the time. I remember my first seasonal depression in Seattle and never ever want to feel that again. Today is going to be a good day and after finishing my coffee here at Starbucks I'm driving to a Pharmacy getting some Benadryl and Cough medicine for Willie. He's still on the edge and we have a house concert tonight.
Despite the Starbucks Imperium and my mixed feelings about supporting them I must say that they have the best music playing. Between Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Rickie Lee Jones, Tower of Power, Aretha, and A.C. Jobim I'm in Earvana:)

Houston, TX 1/9/2010

2 comments:

mark l. said...

Hi Hans! Right there with you on the seasonal affective disorder... glad the sun is breaking through! Look forward to seeing you in NC, We would love to open for you again!!

Ggirl said...

Hi Hans! We so enjoyed having you stay with us here in Houston. You always have a place to hang your hat here with us. My sister was quite awestruck by you - your presence and your music - you have a new fan. Hope the house concert went well yesterday and you are getting a lttle rest before moving on.

As one of the designated "eaters" of that wonderful four-course meal with wine pairing you prepared, I thank you for the culinary extravaganza... and what a lovely frittata yesterday morning!

Now that I've found this site, I look forward to following you on your travels and future adventures.

Hugs, Susie