Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Doesn't it always come different then expected?

Today started out great and the highway ran itself into the Sunshine State. Pine trees lined along two lanes and most of the time the only direction visible was towards the East. Listening to how the Universe expands and speeds up into the next dimension, I was cruising along below the limit. Then I called Amelia Island where I was supposed to stay and play this Friday - Joe was sorry that he was forced to close down the Inn for good and I was sorry for both of us. I was looking forward to staying at the Hotel for a few days before playing a concert. I had it all laid out - the mornings I'd work on bookings and promotion - then a walk on the Beach, lunch outside sitting on an old garden stool overlooking the main street, and then back to work... Doesn't it always come different then expected?
At least you can rely on the passing time and now after 8 hours of driving the sun ran out of sky and my eyes started to get tired. It was time to make a decision and quickly get a cheap room somewhere close. I forgot that I hardly watch TV, and only in Motels get sucked into the cable and since yesterday every station seems to report from Earthquake struck Haiti. It really puts things into perspective and leads my thoughts away from little me.

I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow to a sunny world and hope its star reaches deep inside, giving strength to start again fresh with a lighter pallet of colors.

Jacksonville, FL 1/13/2010

No comments: