Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Artist's Way

There are swaying palm trees just outside the window - I know I can touch them and rub my face gently against the smooth cool orange-green part of their skin. I'm a tree-hugger alright, there is no way around it and I know they like that too.
This morning I woke up in a light flooded room with five different melodies in my head feeling star trecked like Data trying to picard his Captain. There were still images in my head of the coastal route down to Jensen Beach. Open water has such a strong pull on my soul - I must have been a sailor in the past or lived along a shore breathing in the salty air and having the sensation of mussels and clams jumping from bud to bud detecting the six elements of taste perception.
Keeping my heart open and excited is a blessing as well as a challenge - I love my life despite the pains of leaving my family in a place far from here. The older I get the more intense become these fleeting moments of bumps on my skin and the golden hairs pointing towards the sky as if they want to shoot out and play with the wind. Being present is the only way, the Artist's way, means turning away from fear and expectation and embracing the unknown journey of a cosmic millisecond. Having packed my life in a golden Japanese box with wheels makes it easier staying in the here and now - if not now then when? as my friend Freebo sang yesterday enchanting his audience in his kind and gentle way.
It is intoxicating feeling love that is not pointed in a specific direction but radiates like a sun and brings its light to the darkest corners, unfolding the simple beauty of breathing and being alive. There - I see a strange white long necked bird walking across the parking lot - come on - take off, let me see you fly and carry my thoughts with you across the endless water that is all around us

Jensen Beach, FL 1/16/2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your NOW hans. It resonated with my NOW perfectly.

John Field

pomawg said...

You have brought a special joy to Jensen Beach, thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. Namaste