Sunday, January 03, 2010

In the middle of nowhere

I left Tombstone early in the morning. After about 10 miles I reached a Border Patrol Checkpoint where everybody is stopped and maybe searched. I have my whole life in the car so I really was not looking forward to the possibility of unpacking... Luckily I was waved through and kept on driving, crossing over into NM and then (after another checkpoint!!!) into West Texas. It's beautiful there but in the middle of nowhere! I was wondering what would happen if I broke down. Most of that stretch of I10 is without cell phone reach - well got to keep thinking positive! After about cruising for 9 hours I reached Fort Stockton, the only stop with Motels for miles and miles to come. I got some Chinese buffet and just mixed Evan Williams with a Coke:) Now I'm on my bed in a Motel 6 watching the third "Lord of the Rings".
Tomorrow I have about 520 miles to Houston and see my friends Willie and Mo:) Looking forward to some company after three days in Motels...

Fort Stockton, TX 1/3/2010

No comments: