Thursday, January 21, 2010

The old time pyramid set on Adagio

Another day lost in paradise - PLEASE - do NOT send HELP! The days float by between pecking away on the computer, playing music and cooking for friends - row, row, row your boat...I know this can't last but it is just right for now. Let me turn another time and snooze until I absolutely have to wake up. I'm amazed that we sleep one third of our life but hardly know what we dream or take any of it serious. I dreamed up my world that I know for sure. I remember all the hours sitting on the oil furnace during a cold winter in my home town, my guitar always strapped around my shoulders and the gentle breeze of the steady breath mimicking the click and clack of an old time pyramid set on Adagio. Dancing snowflakes in front of the window - a beautiful winter waltz before my eyes, never missing a beat and then, when they were tired they'd land on the white fuzzy carpet that covered the slanted roof, bowing one last time saying "Merci beaucoup".
Deep down in the backyards of our childhood there lies the design of future dreams carefully stitched into the quilts of time - no second guessing, just the desire to embrace and play whatever deck was dealt, knowing there's always another game, another winter, another dream:)

Jensen Beach, FL 1/21/2010

No comments: