Monday, August 27, 2007

And it was almost over

I get up early again after the storm kept me up most of the night. I have a little breakfast at Joelyn’s and MIke’s house before I get on my way. It’s another long drive from Minneapolis to Omaha all the way from Minnesota through Iowa into Nebraska. It feels good to keep moving.

After about an hour my battery light comes on and I get a little worried

Once I have cell reception I call my friend James and quiz him about cars. He recommends keeping and eye on it and getting it checked soon. While on the phone the speedometer and rpm gage die right in from of my eyes and shortly after that the car starts stuttering. I barely make it to an exit and that’s it!

I fear the worst after 206760 miles. It takes about an hour for a tow truck to come.

There is a little city with a Honda dealership and they were so nice to squeeze me in to check the car. I’m lucky and it’s only the alternator and the battery but it takes them more than three hours to get the parts and job done. While that I play a song for the folks in the dealership. Here I’m with Kerri and a friend of hers.

Wow - that tour was almost over - they are very forthcoming and bring the cost down quite a bit but I still lose everything I made so far but my humor and positive outlook! After all I’m so glad of being back on the road.

Soon I pass into Iowa and am getting closer to my destination.

It’s getting dark real fast and I barely catch the sunset in the West.

while on the other side a huge full moon starts rising.

I arrive late at Roxanne and Scott’s house. I’m totally wiped and tired. We sit for a little and chat and i have something to eat before I drop into bed

No comments: