Saturday, August 25, 2007

Deeper into Minnesota

This morning I spend some time at the local coffee house in Pipestone doing email and answering myspace stuff.

I’m still waiting to hear from the Ginkgo in St. Paul but there’s nothing coming my way - I’m not going! No way - So I’ll have a Saturday off which feels very strange while on tour. After several hours of online work I’m ready to hit the road. It’s supposed to be a three hour ride to Rochester, MN where I play tomorrow in a Unitarian church. It’s a nice day for driving and I take it slow!

My bud starts hurting after half an hour and it’s not easy to keep up smiling - actually I’m cursing full out loud - yes! that feels goooooooooood!!!
I find a little motel not far from the church and get myself a pizza (Anchovies, Pineapple, Greek peppers). I earn some strange looks for that combination and they probably will remember me as the nurd form the Northwest. I get a couple of bottles of beer and go back to the motel to hang in front of the TV. I eat and drink until my eyes close...

No comments: