Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dark Day on the Road

It’s a dark day and it looks like a storm is brewing up. I’m going to drive as long as I can today and see where I lay my head.

I’m in a strange mood and would love to just stay somewhere but I have about 600 miles to Denver for a show at Swallow Hill. I’m not going to drive all the way and am tired and cranky after only 1 hour of driving.

The hours go by like days and it seems to take forever. The car is too loud to listen to music so I can only think - think - think...
When I get to Western Nebraska I’m starting to look for a motel in Ogallala - Oh my - I only find total dives that are completely overpriced. I bite my tongue and get back on the road. There is another little city in Eastern Colorado just an hour away.

I like being in CO again and the grassy hills sooth my soul.

When I arrive in Sterling I find a motel - it’s not particularly cheap but has a nice atmosphere and is a good place to stay for the night. I find a chinese restaurant and order some food to go...

Then I hang out in my room watching some SciFi Channel eating spicy Chicken and drinking a Fat Tire before I retire.

No comments: