Sunday, February 03, 2008

Above the clouds

Today’s the day! Marty asks me if I wanted to fly with them to Llano for lunch?!
He does not have to ask me twice and I’m in. I never flew to lunch for that matter. So after I get ready we’re taking off in direction airport. Wow, it’s a Moony. They built this little 4 seat airplane here in Kerrville.

I love the propeller and am wondering how that thing alone creates the thrust to get us airborne.

I’m the co-pilot and have to study the cockpit - it’s quite complicated...

I’m so excited and thrilled about that! My face hurts from smiling so hard.

Paula too has a great time in the backseat.

Then we’re in the air. The take off was smooth and the wind isn’t too strong. Once we’re up on 4000 feet Marty hands over the control to me and I get to fly for the first time. Steering happens only with light pressure not with actual movement. Wow is that cool!

Landing is good too.

We get a curtesy vehicle and drive 10 minutes into Llano where we go to a real Texas BBQ. There are 8 huge pits and tons of dead animals:) It’s vegetarian heaven. Texas is probably the only state I can do that!

We don’t get plates but a special paper to put everything on. In addition to the meat we have beans, potato salad and cole slaw.

Oh am I full! Haven’t eaten like that ever! But - I must admit that it was great.
Then it’s time to fly back and this time Paula is going to fly and I’ll take the back seat.

After a safe landing Marty and me pose one more time in front of the Moony.

Back to work, I still have to write and answer a lot of emails.

Then it’s time for bed! The two sister kiddies already warmed it up for me.

No comments: