Thursday, February 14, 2008

Knoxville Radio and my Virginia Family

It’s freezing this morning and I have to scrape ice before I can start driving to Knoxville. I’m playing a live radio show at noon.

Once the sun is up it’s all beautiful again.

I get there around 11am and take a little walk downtown.

I’m the “Blue Plate Special”. It’s a live radio show with audience and cameras for the local news.

It goes well and folks love it! After the show I start driving towards Virginia. My niece Sybille is living close to Roanoke with her husband Mark. They wanted to visit me in Deep Gap, NC but the concert got cancelled so I decided to visit them.

It’s a beautiful drive and I’m excited to visit with them.

This paert of the country reminds me of southern Bavaria or parts of Austria.

I arrive around 7 pm and am greeted by their doggie...

Sybille prepared a wonderful dinner and has a great Margaux wine as an introduction.

Then it’s time for the main course!

Oh my is that good - I can’t stop eating...and there is more to come.

After that we sit in the living room and chat until the wee morning hours. It’s time for bed.

No comments: