Monday, February 25, 2008

Over the mountains into Oklahoma

Next day I’m driving deeper into Arkansas. I must say that I changed my attitude about it. Once you leave that main highway it is beautiful.

In Mena, a little city on the way to Oklahoma I find a lost treasure - Esso - wow I haven’t seen this since my childhood back in Germany, certainly not here in the US.

From here I take a mountain road that leads into Oklahoma. There are all these vista points and for two hours I’m all alone with no cars whatsoever.

On top there is an old abandoned fire tower that oversees the valleys to the North and South.

Close by is an old train station and a steam engine.

OK, I made it into Oklahoma. I think this is my first time if I recall correctly.

Finally the road winds down into the lowland. That was a nice trip and I’m glad that I decided to cruise and explore.

Once I reach Hugo, OK I take a little motel and get ready for the evening.

No comments: