Friday, February 29, 2008

Uncle Calvin's in Dallas

Today I play Uncle Calvin’s in Dallas and open up for Brooks Williams. I was looking forward to this show for a long time and pretty thrilled when they invited me. I leave early and my eyes are still half shut. That darn train was so loud that i was upright in my bed every hour of the night! Here I pass that sucker on my way West.

They booked me a nice room at the Courtyard Marriot and I check in early to catch up some sleep.

Around 6pm I drive to Calvin’s. It’s an old Coffeehouse in a Church. Folks there are so nice and welcoming and make me feel right at home. I’m glad to play again after a week offtime. I was getting a little depressed but now it’s all gone and I’m excited and looking forward to the show.

We have about 180 people and I open up with a 30 minute set. It is wonderful and people love what I’m doing and I have to give an encore - pretty rare for an “opening act”. I have a wonderful time and Brooks is a great artist and person. Certainly looking forward to meeting him again.

After that I’m driving back to the hotel and crash instantly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We loved your show. Your energy was so playful. It was simply delightful. It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few moments of conversation. We look forward to hearing more of your music. Thank you for a wonderful experience Hans!