Friday, February 08, 2008

The Gulf Coast

It’s another beautiful day and I’m going to Galveston.

Wow that’s a beautiful little city by the water.

It’s still early and I spend a little time on the beach before i explore the old downtown

I love the architecture and it reminds me a little of New Orleans.

Down at the waterfront there are a couple of oil rigs - pretty impressive.


I walk around a little bit and check out the alleys...

Just like San Francisco...

It’s early afternoon and I have time until 9 pm so I hang out on the Strand.

Later I take a ride with the tram...

Miles would have been excited to play that thing:)

After walking around all day I go back to the motel and rest a little before I go down the the Old Town Acoustic Cafe. It’s a beautiful sunset.


It’s a great old venue and one of the last gems out there.

I have a small crowd but they love it. There’s a group of kids that stay all through the show and bring down the average age considerably.

I take a last shot before i go back to the motel. Here is Wrecks, the owner and former bass player with Towns van Zandt.

No comments: