Sunday, February 17, 2008

Spanish moss and the South

Today I have two shows. I get up early to drive to Bluffton where I play in a UU church. The GPS leads me through back streets and I love to see the Spanish moss hanging from oak trees - that is totally looking like the South to me.

I’m ending up on an unpaved road and a dead end! Darn so far I could always rely on the system and it’s getting late. I call the minister on how to get there and he’s already a little concerned but I make it in time. It’s a new church and looks great.

It a good start of the day and I have a little time before I have to be in Savannah so I drive to Hilton Head Beach which is very close. Here it is, finally the Atlantic ocean - it’s beautiful!

I walk on the sand and feel the breeze - oh you got to love that...

After that I’m on my way to Savannah and cross over a very cool bridge.

I’m playing a house concert at Kelley’s. She’s the music director for the Savannah UU and has offered to host it. Her friends are simply great and it is one of the best shows I played on this tour so far.

Here is the core of the evening

I’m staying with Kelley’s friend Mary and her family who live close by and have a guest room.

No comments: