Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back in time

Today I’m on my own and decide to go for another walk through Frankfurt. I used to do that more than a decade ago and feel like I’m back in time. Off it goes!


First I walking through Bornheim...


Always loved to look up


Or sometimes sideways:)


Autumn has reached its peak and the leaves are falling...


I’m walking past Tigerpast, a Variety Theatre I used to play for several years.


Right on the other end of the street is the jail - sometimes it felt like I mixed up the buildings.


Downtown on my way to the Römer


I can see it!


Here we go:)




That’s the city hall.


Old and new are creatively integrated. Here is the Schirn Kunsthalle where I saw many great exhibitions. The one that made the deepest impression was of the Russion artist Kandinsky.


Some of these walls date back more than 1800 years. They are the reason this place is called Römer (Roman)


That’s also a good example of old versus new...


The river Main


I crossed this bridge many, many times.


I remember sittin on the river bank dreaming up a storm.


On the way back I have to go via subway, I just love it. Ok, let’s go underground:)


Get a ticket


Find my way


Frankfurt has great public transportation and you get pretty much any place you want.


A secret photo...


And back into the daylight


One last look back - Today is my last day and I’ll fly back to Phoenix early tomorrow...

No comments: