Saturday, October 04, 2008

The ones that are already gone

Ralf left for Frankfurt and so I take my mom out to the graveyard to visit the ones that are already gone. It’s a nice and quiet walk and we stop first at my dad’s grave. He passed away in ‘84.


My thoughts are with the ones that are already gone.


Here lies my brother Wolfgang who passed away in ‘03. I was already in theUS just getting started and unable to fly back to grieve with my family. In those moments I realize how far I am away from my old home...


Here is my mom sitting close to here parents Otto and Lina, her brother Walter, and her niece Nicole, my cousin that left us all way too early.


After visiting the lost ones my mom and me drive around aimlessly and quietly enjoy the company of each other.




The countryside brings back old memories and mom is inspired:)
So good to listen to her stories!


Here is the the tower and entrance to the Bexbacher Rosengarten. My dad used to bring me out here as a little child and I have very fond memories.


Here is the little airport where we used to fly kites on Sundays when there was no air traffic. We had a 100 yard line on the kite and send up little paper messages:)

No comments: