Friday, September 19, 2008

Across the Rockie Mountain National Park

It’s still raining when I wake up. Before I leave the motel I ask about the Trail Ridge pass and if it’s open - They say probably not but I’ll gonna give it a try and at least have a breakfast at Grand Lake. I’ll pack up and get going.


Bye Bye Canyon Motel:)


The weather at Grand Lake is not very promising. I ask the Lady at the Cafe and she has a # to call and finds out that the pass is open.


Who would have thought that the sun comes out so fast.


The road winds up over 11000 feet.


All I need is a view like that and my heart opens up...


Care for a little snow?


On the way back down the weather changes in an instant and big dark clouds show up.


Just around the corner it is almost clear again:)


How I love that!


Slowly getting back down.


Here I’m back in the valley and on my way to Lafayette where I play a concert in a Cohousing Community.


This is the common house of the Nyland Community. It was one of the first in the US and is built on 42 acres surrounded by close to 70 acres open space.


I’m staying in their guest room and take a quick nap.


The concert is great and I have a wonderful audience.

No comments: