Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back into the National Park

Tonight I play in Aurora, close to Denver. First I plan to drive there after breakfast and work on emails but then I decide to go back to the Rocky Mountain National Park and do a little hike. It’s way to beautiful out there to sit on the computer.


But first I take a little walk and enjoy the view


It’s interesting how things look different when approached from another direction...


I’m getting close to Estes Park


What a beautiful day


I decide to drive up to bear Lake, a route that I haven’t explored yet.


I love this season and the colors that come with it.


Especially against the blue sky:)


Bear lake


I wish I was a painter...


Here is a feisty little chipmunk munching away:)


Finally I have to get back on the road and drive to Denver. On the way down the mountain I stop at a winery and do a little tasting. I did not know that they make wine here in Colorado. Then I’m back in the valley and the weather gets gray again.


What a contrast!


Here is a glimpse of the Denver skyline - I wish I were back in the mountains!


The concert tonight is in a little church...


Here is Connie. She’s a gem and host of Parkhouse Concerts.


There is a total of 6 folks in the audience and I’m struggling a little but everybody is very nice and appreciative.

No comments: