Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Park

I remember the coffee shop from last year...


I get a tripple Americano and hit the road South to the Yellowstone Park


It’s about an hour drive to the entrance.


First stop is Mammoth Hot Springs




Looks like someone’s gonna eat me up:)


Wildlife in the park is amazing but you have to be careful. Here’s a bison. He rolled in the dirt just a second before i took this shot.


My car starts acting up again - darn, I’m still 1000 miles away from Phoenix.
I hope I make it through the Park. It wouldn’t be cool to get stuck here.


Here is another fellow:)


Yellowstone had a big fire in the 70s and most old trees were destroyed.
You can still see a lot of dead trees between the new growth...


That’s not a fire but a hot spring behind the trees.


This is the most famous geyser in the world “Old Faithful”


That’s an old yellow bus that is still used to drive the tourists through the park.


The Old Faithful Lodge is the biggest Log building I’ve ever seen, very impressive!



Got to go outside, the next eruption is supposedly in 20 min.


There is goes


More and more


Reaching max


After that I have again problems to get the car going but finally it works and I’m on my way South to the Yellowstone Lake.


Indian summer is the best time ever and the colors are amazing. I want to stop and take picture after picture but I’m afraid that the car won’t start so I take shots while driving. The red bushes I see everywhere are beautiful, especially against the blue water.


A few miles after leaving Yellowstone Park the Grand Teton Park begins and the views are stunning!!!




I make it to Jackson, Wyoming where I hope to get someone to look at my car.
I get a motel and walk along main street.


This is an interesting sculpture out of horn...


I decide to have a beer in the “Million Dollar Saloon” which has authentic Saddles as bar seats.



Time to go back and chill, I have to get up at 7 am to get my car checked out. If everything works out I want to drive back to the Tetons and spend the day in the mountains.

No comments: