Friday, January 04, 2008

Flash Flood Warning and a breakthrough!

At 6 am in the morning I got a call from KSCO that they had to cancel the interview. The storm took down power all over the county and with a Flash Flood warning they interrupted the program constantly. I didn’t mind too much staying in bed while hell broke lose out there. Around 11am Georg and me drove out to a site where he builds a house and I wish I had brought my camera. Streets were closed left and right and the water was coming down. For the first time in my life I heard the emergency warning where all radio stations stop and you hear a nasty tone before a message. Now I wonder if I get out of here to Los Gatos tomorrow for my show - lets see. On the way back to town they played “Tell Me Why” in the radio and I was going nuts!!! I was always dreaming about how cool it would be to hear your own song in the radio while you’re driving around - there it was! I was dancing and yelling in the car and felt that this was a breakthrough! We drove to the beach and watched huge waves break in, even at low tide - Man, in a couple of hours they have to close the whole beach.

After we come back I start working on the computer until the evening. Georg and me watch a fantastic German movie (The lies of others)which got an Oscar in 2007 for the right reasons! We both are completely taken and keep talking nonstop until 1:30 am. Oh my it’s late and I wanted to get up early...well...
I go to bed but my head is still spinning so I work on some radio promotion...

No comments: