Thursday, January 03, 2008

Major Storm

Today’s the day! I’m leaving Fresno and start the tour. I’m excited and ready to jump after wonderful holidays and a great concert with Lyquid Amber. Now it’s time to say good bye and get going...

They predicted a major storm front coming in from the Pacific with wind gusts up to 60mph. Short before I reach Gilroy (The Garlic capital of the world) it starts and all over sudden is black! Wow, not bad!

What a trip - it takes way longer to get to Santa Clara where I have an interview with Jackie Loken at KKUP. The place is hard to find and the wipers work off the scale. I finally get it and have about an hour before the show. Phil calls and we meet for a little dinner.

After that it’s show time. What a lovely little station with wonderful folks. The only one here in California that is completely funded by it’s listeners! Right on!
Here is Jackie in action.

Bev & Greg Barnett come visit me at the studio. They host the Truewind Concert Series, are wonderful musicians, and very active in the community. We chat a little after the show and have a good time before I take off to drive to Santa Cruz.

I have a radio show at 8:30 in the morning and stay with my friends Georg & Veda. Georg is from Germany as well and builts houses that are completely green. He’s the only one in CA that does that and people like Mell Gibson or Brad Pitt want him to built for them, but he loves his community and rather works on making housing affordable again! We have a long talk and share a Weizenbier from the motherland!

Then it’s time to go to bed...

No comments: