Thursday, January 24, 2008

Leaving Tucson for Texas

Ok, time is up - I really enjoyed the stay with Eric and Marsha and am a little sad that I have to leave but the journey goes on. Maybe I can switch cars...

Maybe not - I love my “Dorothy” and after all we’re not in Kansas anymore.
One last goodbye shot with Eric.

Off it goes. Right in the beginning I pass a huge air force facility with tons of jets and planes.

After several hours I cross the border into New Mexico. Another great state - very beautiful but I’m glad I’m driving, not walking.

The desert stretches out in all directions. I get my time worpeed feeling again where I totally imagine these places several hundred years ago looking the same as now - well besides the highway.

Las Cruzes is a great stretch and the mountains there remind me of Mordor and “Lord of the Rings” I should have stopped but there is so much more ground to cover.

By nightfall I arrive in Roswell and think for second about stopping and getting a motel but then I get a new wind and drive all the way to Ransom Canyon. After about 12 hours of non stop driving I’m finally there and settle in.

So good to see my friends Monika and Danny again.

No comments: