Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Childhood memories

It’s a rainy, freezing cold day and the walk downtown leaves us as icicles. After a great breakfast and a most chilly walk back we all work on computers. I have an early show at 6pm at the Root Bar and leave around 4:30pm.

It’s gonna be a nice evening and I’ll be reunited with my niece Sybille that I haven’t seen for more than eight years. The venue is a real beer bar with some of the best Belgian beers. Max the owner is a very sweet guy and plays a song for me.

He tells me about his fathers guitar that he inherited.

The show proves again that it’s not about the quantity but about the quality of the audience

It’s so great to see Sybille and a lot of childhood memories start to come back instantly.

After the show Sybille and her husband Mark go to a mexican place, eat dinner and chat until late before we part again. This time it won’t take eight years before we see each other again!

No comments: