Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Conference Part 1

I wake up early and Wes and me go for a breakfast just down the street before we get to the Conference. I have about four showcases today and check out several other artists. My favorite were “Blame Sally”, four gals that remind me of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young with beautiful voices and great songs.

After one of my showcases I take off for a little walk down the street.

Then it is time to visit the Exhibition Hall where presenters as well as musicians have their booth. I run across my old friend Rhiannon, a fantastic banjo player that I met in Virginia while on tour with Jamie several years ago.

It’s time to go back to the Showcase rooms which are on the 17th, 18th and 19th floor of the Marriott Hotel - Lucky me gets to use the elevator with a view

Later that night I hang out with Travis and Karin from “Houston Jones”. Travis also hosts the “Best of the West” showcase where I have several slots.

It’s another late night - ehem, early morning and I get to sleep around 4 am.

No comments: