Friday, February 16, 2007

Georgia on my mind

I wake up early despite the Yeti Imperial Stout. I take a quick shower while Bootsy is answering some emails.

After that we both take in direction Georgia. She gets to drive first while I take a nap.

On my turn I see a sign for a lake and think about recreation - actually for the fist time! I turn right onto a dirt road - wow it’s going on forever!

I have to leave the car at a barrier and do walk another mile to get to the lake. I was expecting some blue water but....

Nobody is there and it is nice anyway. I sit down for a second and let my eyes wander...then I’m on the road again. Warner Robins is just a big Mall and if there were no air force, there would be no WR. The Drip Drop Cafe is like a little oasis and Cassandra the owner welcomes me. I actually have a nice little crowd and enjoy the evening.

After that Cassandra, Mattie (a local songwriter) and me are going to a pub. There is a bad Southern Rock combo playing and we have to shout to converse. What a scene! I’m happy when we finally leave and I get to bed:)

No comments: