Saturday, February 17, 2007

Savannah my beautiful

Darn it’s early! I have to get up at 5:30 am. I have a TV show in Macon and have to be there at 6:30 am. Luckily Cassandra is coming with me - otherwise I would have not been able to find it in the dark.

Oh am I tired - and it’s a freezing 18 degrees fahrenheit! Finally I’m on and we’re having first an interview and then I play a couple of songs.

Here is Cass and me still waiting for some coffee.

After the show were heading out trying to find a breakfast place. It could not have been more complicated to find something and I’m amazed that there is almost no place out there!
Around noon I’m on the way to Savannah. It’s a four hour drive and it’s a sunny day. When I get into the city I’m greeted by palm trees:)

Wow that is the most beautiful place I have seen for a long time and I know that someone has to drag me out of here next week - I wanna stay.........

The Sentient Bean is a very nice coffeehouse and I have a great show. They set it up as a listening concert and I have various friends from myspace that showed up.

I have also a great review in the local paper which draws in several folks.
After the show I chat a little but all over sudden everybody is gone and I have to head out looking for a Motel. It’s hard to drive to the Mall after being in such a great place! There is no room in a 20 mile radius and I’m getting frustrated. Luckily I’m able to turn it around by singing out loud “It’s a wonderful day - It’s a wonderful day...” Shortly after I find a place that has one room left - no heating but cheap, so I go for it and cuddle under the sheets.

No comments: