Thursday, February 01, 2007

From KFAN to San Antonio

First I have to pack the car again - well stuff it describes it way better.

Then I go downtown for a coffee and something to eat. I find a cute bakery and spend a couple of hours working on the computer

Then it’s time to go to KFAN for my interview with Robbi “Dawn” Dale. Right when I come ito the door I see alll this cool vintage Radio gear...

It’s one of the best Radio shows I ever had and Robbi is just darling:)

After that I get on the road to drive down to San Antonio where I play tonight. Finally the flatland becomes hilly:)

San Antonio is a beautiful city and the sun feels pretty good though it’s still colder than I expected.

I get lost and it takes about an hour before I find the venue - well, the place where it used to be. Luckily I find someone that tells me that it moved to the other end of town. I call up Delphine and she explains the directions - well she mixes up West with East and so I end up 3 hours driving in full traffic. It’s hard to keep positive because I’m exhausted and I invited all my fans to the wrong location. When I arrive finally there is no time to fix that and I just can eat a little before setting up. It’s a very cozy place but very cold and the oven doesn’t help at all. I’m going to share the show with Eric Balkey from Philly. He sounds great and I have fun listening.

There are only about 5 people there and I’m freezing my bud off. Delphine is very nice though and sorry for the circumstances.

I get out around midnight. By that time it’s really cold and I have to drive out of the city and find a Motel. I’m not in the best mood and tired and frustrated - This day was a sure ride! After 40 minutes driving around I find something. I realize that I starve but there is not much choice so I end up with the perfect soulfood for a day like that:)

Let’s see what tomorrow is like...

No comments: