Thursday, February 08, 2007

One more day on the road

Today I’m gonna drive through Memphis and later through Nashville.

It’s the second day of straight driving and must say that I like it. I do my one hour vocal training and then work on some lyrics:) Ok, Memphis here I come!
Just a short glance - well I’ll be back for five days soon. When I finally reach Nashville it’s dark and the city looks like magic.

I need to go at least a little bit further today, so I squeeze in another hour before I stop and get a motel. There is a restaurant close by and I indulge in a nice Steak and some beers - nicely decadent, well, just some soulfood after a long drive. When I sit down at the bar the man next to me is cussing on the phone - in my German home dialect!!!! I can’t believe it but stay put and just observe. At some point he’s starting to talk to me but I can’t admit that I’m German too and so I let him believe I’m american. It’s a little strange but I’m not up for cussing today.
After a great dinner I go back to the motel and work a little while checking out several movies on the TV.

No comments: