Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hope is President Clintons birth place

Early start! One last look and off it goes.

I drive North on 35 towards Denver. It’s a gloomy day and I get a lot of traffic on my way out of Austin.

Then it gets better and several hours later I’m getting close to Denver. First I think to use one of the loops and go around it but then i decide to just stay on 35 and drive straight through. The traffic is decent and the view great.

Then it goes East towards Arkansas. I’m starving and there is nothing out but fast food - oh my, well, it’s a first time on this tour but I just need some fuel

I’m tired and it’s getting dark so I decide to stop in the next town which turns out to be Hope, the birthplace of President Clinton. I saw an add for a $32 room at a Days Inn and go straight at it!

After a long bath I want to go out and get a beer and something to eat. I drive around town but there is literally nothing. Finally I find a Mexican restaurant that looks inviting. When I order a beer, they look strangely at me and explain that this is a dry county!!!! Darn, I’m German and want a beer! Well, not tonight:) So I habe a tortilla soup and a water before I drive back to the Motel. Tomorrow is again a long driving day...

No comments: