Saturday, February 03, 2007

Into the Hills of Kerrville

It’s a nice drive from Austin via Fredericksburg to Kerrville. As soon as i get closer to my destination the hills show up and I just love it. It’s a sunny day and I’m looking forward to the house concert.

Now I know why Paula and Marty’s series is called “Hill Top House Concerts“ There impressive house is indeed on top of a hill and actually the last one in the street.

The setting is beautiful and when I arrive I’m welcomed with a big smile and a hug. Paula shows me around and I love the living room where I’m going to perform in a few hours

I get settled in and make myself at home. It’s getting there and the sun is going down. The view from the veranda is stunning!

Tiffany a friend of the family arrives after a 3 hour drive from Corpus Christi down at the TX coast. Here is a pic with her, Marty and Paula.

Then the people arrive with lots of food and wine! Wow what an audience. they are so vocal and simply love what I’m doing. It is probably one of tthe best shows I ever played and at the end I get a long standing ovation - pretty emotional!
Before everybody leaves I take another picture:)

The nighty is not over and Tiffany, Paula, Marty and me party and chat until the wee morning hours. I don’t even want to look at the clock when I finally get to bed.

1 comment:

IndiVidual said...

Talk about the highs and lows of a tour! This night more than makes up for San Antonio! Way to go Hans! Here's to many more shows like this one :)
NK