Sunday, April 02, 2006

Coming Home

I leave Portland around 1 pm and head for Seattle. Last bit of the trip, it’s raining again - oh what a surprise. Well around 4:30 pm I arrive at home. Tori so excited that she jumps on the trampoline and touches the clouds.

Abby has invited Steve, Colleen and their kids Ian and Elouise for a BBQ in the garden. Luckily the rain stopped so it is actually doable.

I have only about an hour before I have to head out again to play at the Rainbow with my band and two other acts. It’s nice to drive into Seattle again

The show is good and more a rehearsal for the bash party. Only a few people show up and I really have to talk to my fellow songwriter friends about community. It is just not working like that. JD plays a great set of Blues before me and my band. Then Eric’s band - he’s got a new song which I like a lot. Here is a pic with all of us before the show.

Peter, Jon, Chris, Me, Eric and JD

I stay until the end and am glad when I turn the key to our house and slip in a pre warmed bed :)

No comments: